The Opera House was built in 1915, during Mayor Joe Baker's administration. The construction firm was Brown and Flowers, general contractors from Dothan, according to a sign on the second floor from an old photo during construction. This building was also used as city hall.
In 1973 the Civic Center was built across the street were Solomon Motor Company was before it moved to the Montgomery Hwy. and now houses the Dothan City Government offices.